Cima Carè Alto 3462m
Val di Borzago - Adamello Presanella
Cima Carè Alto is the most attractive peak of the entire area of Adamello-Presanella, for its aesthetics and mountaineering spirit. The impressive size is immediately visible and recognizable from villages of Rendena and Giudicarie Valleys.
Perfect mix of technical excursion, glacier trekking and high mountain alpinism, the Carè Alto features four different ridges that contain its volume, give it shape, dictate the lines of ascent.
Ridges east and north enclose hanging glaciers of Lares and Niscli, that culminate in the final short but steep north wall; ridges south and south-east enclose vertical, yellow rock, south wall; just over, the widest and most imposing southwest wall facing Fumo Valley.
Top of Cima Carè Alto can be reached by all ridges and sides:
NORMAL ROUTE (II), from Rifugio Carè Alto, via Bus del Gat and Sella di Niscli, along the ridge on the right end of final noth wall.
EAST RIDGE (via Cerana, III), nice alternative for the ascent and subsequent descent along normal route.
SOUTH-WEST RIDGE (II): from Bivouac Segala, interesting and rarely beaten route equipped by the Austrians during the First World War (original equipment on site have been abandoned and can not be used anymore).
SOUTH-EAST RIDGE (IV+): beautiful itinerary, wild and technical, with a plaisir climbing.
The hike can be accomplished in a day, lodging at Rifugio Carè Alto the previous night, otherwise in a two or more days tour, together with glacier-crossings, approches from neighboring valleys (Valle di San Valentino, Valle di Breguzzo...), enchaining more itineraries along its four ridges.
MountainGuideAdamelloBrenta daily organizes tours on request.
- all year round
- everyday on demand
- one day: meeting and lodging at Rifugio Carè Alto, reached the day before.
- two or more days: according to a customized program (haute routes, approch from neighboring valleys, enchaining more peaks or the four ridges).
- from 135€/person
- for a tour of two or more days request a quote
- costs include: IFMGA mountain guide service, insurance, equipment, photos
- any other espenses at charge of participants (lift-tickets, mountain huts, transfers, for themselves and the guide)
Contact us for any info, requests or custom program.